Visa and Tariff
All visitors must have visa in order to entry into Bhutan
Indian, Bangladeshis and Maldivian nationals can obtain a visa at the port of entry on producing a valid passport with a minimum of six month validity. In order to travel to Bhutan all other tourists must obtain visa clearance. Visa are processed through an online system by your licensed Bhutanese Tour Operator, directly through a foreign travel agent.
The process is as follow:
• You are required to send the photo-page of your passport to your tour operator who shall than apply for your visa.
• The visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $ 40 Visa fee) has been wired transferred and received in the TCB Bank account. Once received the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours.
• At your point of entry you shall be required to show your visa clearance letter, the visa will then be stamped into your passport.
The daily tariff for both the high & low tourist’s season is set by the Tourism Council of Bhutan, Royal Government of Bhutan. In addition there is a government surcharge per night for the individual travelers and for group of two, for group of three or more there is no government surcharge.
High season Tariff: March to May and September to November
|Individuals||USD $ 250 Per night||USD $ 40 Per night|
|Group of Two||USD $ 250 Per night/person||USD $ 30 Per nightt|
|Group of Three or more||USD $ 250 Per night/person||Nilt|
Low Season Tariff: December to February and June to August
|Individuals||USD $ 200 Per night||USD $ 40 Per night|
|Group of Two||USD $ 200 Per night/person||USD $ 30 Per nightt|
|Group of Three or more||USD $ 200 Per night/person||Nilt|
This daily rate includes the following services:
• Bhutan Government Tariff
• The Surcharge
• All Meals
• All Transfers and Sightseeing within Bhutan
• A local Tour Guide
• Pack Animals and Supplies on Trek
Services/Price not included:
• Visa Fee USD $ 40
• All kind of Tax
• Service outside of Bhutan
• Any Health of Travel Insurances
The above tour cost does not cover the high cost luxury resort like Uma in Paro, Taj Tashi in Thiimphu or Zhiwaling in Paro. You will have to make an additional payment in full, if you wish to stay in one of the luxury resorts. Our rate covers tourist standard accommodation approved by Government of Bhutan.
We would like to request our guest to make your payment at least 5-6 weeks in advance to allow us to secure Druk-Air ticket to Bhutan and arrange accommodation for your comfy stay. Your visas are cleared by the Government only after receipt of full payment. Without your valid visa Druk Air will not issue tickets.
Regarding the Tour Programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follow:
Within 30 days of the start of the tour program there will be –no charge
Within 21 days – 10 % of the rate
Within 14 days – 15 % of the rate
Within 7 days – 30 % of the rate
Within less than 7 days or without notice – 50 % of the rate
After arrival in Bhutan – 100 %